Our 2016 AGM will be held during the Society for Conservation Biology 4th Oceania Congress, July 7th, 6.00-7.00pm in the Plaza Auditorium (Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre on Grey Street).
Drinks and nibbles will be provided, so please come along if you are in Brisbane!
The agenda for the meeting will be as follows:
- Minutes and actions from the 2015 Annual General Meeting in Montpellier
- Board members – introduction, including new board members
- Election of office bearers on the Board: Treasurer, Secretary, Electoral Officer – Voting item
- Activities of the Board
- Strategic planning and workplanning
- Contribution to Board of Governors – Affiliation
- Conferences (Vanessa) – SCBO 2018, ICCB 2017
- Communications (Bec Weeks)
- Policy (internal and external) and submissions (Megan Evans)
- Amendment of Constitution (download amended constitution with changes highlighted) (Voting item)
- Establishment of a past president position, consistent with SCB global Board of Governors
- Addition of clause to establish a Board contract and identify a process for removal of Board member of breach of contract
- Alteration to improve application for Registered Environmental Organisation for tax exemption status in the future
- Financial statement (2015-2016) – Vanessa Adams
- Further development as an independent organisation
- Registered Environmental Organisation, Charity, Tax Office registration
- Global perspective – James Watson (President)
- Land clearing statement – presented by Martine Maron
The formal meeting proceedings will be followed by lively discussion about future SCBO initiatives, over drinks.