Our 2015 AGM will be held at the 27th ICCB Congress in Montpellier, August 4th, 6.30-7.30pm in Joffre A/B
Drinks and nibbles will be provided, so please come along if you are in Montpellier!
The agenda for the meeting will be as follows:
President’s Report – Richard Kingsford
- Semi-autonomy for Oceania Section
- Constitution – this was circulated via our newsletter for comment (Voting item: That the Constitution be adopted)
- Bank account (ABN, Tax File Number, insurance, charity status, Deductible Gifts Register)
- Elections and office bearers, Board member contracts
- News for SCB Oceania
- Opportunities and challenges
- Strategic Planning and Work plan for the Board, 2014-2016
- Membership survey. Last year we surveyed Oceania members to ask about thedirection for our society.
- Conferences – The board has discussed the possibility of holding our regional conferences on a rotational basis in Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific (Voting item)
Financial Officer and President Elect – Vanessa Adams
- 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 Financial Summary (Voting item)
- 2016 Conference in Brisbane
President of the Society for Conservation Biology – James Watson
Prize giving – Richard Kingsford
- Best Oceania student talk or poster
- Best student paper published in past year.